A long time ago...
The Hotel Prinz-Luitpold-Bad is a spa hotel with a history: when Bavaria was still an independant kingdom, before it became part of Germany the hotel was established in 1864. It was built on the site of a sulphuric spring renowned for its healing properties by a regional doctor called Dr. Stich. Because it was such a special place the Bavarian Monarch reigning-prince Luitpold gave his name to the hotel in the year 1888. Based on our spring the town Oberdorf (to which we belong) was granted the word "Bad" (meaning "bath"). This is a distincton German towns only receive if they are a qualified spa town. In the year 1923 our ancestor Andreas Gross bought the hotel together with his wife Maria. For the same amount you did not even get a bread roll at the end of the year. A lucky chance.
Before World War II the hotel expanded to 130 rooms (starting with 30). During the war it was used as a military hospital and afterwards as a recreational facility for US soldiers called Mustang Manor II (they probably could not pronounce our real name). In the year 1950 the family received their hotel back and started building an outdoor pool and many other things. 1986 one of the first spa areas in Bavaria was constructed and thus called "Quelldorado" (a mix of "Quelle" meaning spring and eldorado).
Conclusion: We had great times and challenging ones and we are looking forward to the next 150 years.